The Pupil Premium is funding allocated to schools for the specific purpose of boosting the attainment of pupils from low-income families. Funding is based on children registered for a free school meal and children that have been in care for more than six months.
The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011 and is allocated to schools to work with pupils who have been registered for free school meals at any point in the last six years (known as ‘Ever 6 FSM’).
Schools also receive funding for children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months, and children of service personnel.
Whilst schools are free to spend the Pupil Premium as they see fit we are required to publish online information about how we have used the Premium. Our current offering is as follows:
- 50% funded enrichment day visits
- Free after school sport with our sport provider, Premier Education
- Subsidies for residential visits
- £25 contribution towards school uniform costs from one of our two official suppliers (please see school office for details)
- Free nutritious school meals on a daily basis
- Access to drinking milk every day
To apply for free school meals and, as a result, The Pupil Premium, please click the link below.