Our physical education curriculum ensures that all pupils:
- Develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- Are physically active for sustained periods of time
- Engage in competitive sports and activities
- Lead healthy, active lives
We engage with the sports partnership offers, working with local secondary schools – QEGS and Anthony Gell. This enables pupils from our small school to participate in competitive team sports with children from local Primary Schools. The team games selected for teaching are those that link with the competitive opportunities on offer. We also use specialist providers and local facilities to support the highest quality teaching for gymnastics (Big Top, Uttoxeter with coaches from the British Gymnastics Association) and swimming.
Throughout the week, and outside of dedicated PE lessons, children access these opportunities:
- Daily active play outside, accessing high quality resources and equipment.
- ‘Monday Mile’ – timed weekly run. Children are encouraged to beat their personal best.
- Gross and fine motor provision in EYFS.
- Lunchtime sports club (all children).
- After school sports club (alternating KS1/KS2).
The document below shows the core learning for children in Physical Activity in each year group at Norbury. Scroll to the bottom for some key texts that will support our learning.